Monday, April 26, 2010

UGH, flaring....

and not Mariella this time.

I seem to have hit a wall. I've actually done really well...I didn't flare badly over the winter...just a few times did I need to hit the albuterol after going out in the cold, or whatnot. What's going on right now? Totally different than I've ever experienced before. Totally short of breath, air pocketing, and generally feeling lousy. I've gone to bed at 8:30, 2 nights in a row...and that's SO unlike me. I'm also waking up in the middle of the night, needing an albuterol puff, or 2.

I resorted to Mariella's neb last night, and again this morning. It really does just work better. It's keeping me from needing the puffer every 2 hours...so that's good. (actually, it's been 6 hours, and a gym trip, and I still don't need more)

Sure, I should probably skip the gym when I'm feeling icky...but, I LIKE going to the gym. I only did 10 minutes on the elliptical, rather than trying to do 20...and I did the rest of my cardio on the easier treadmill.

Mariella, on the other hand...is doing pretty well. She hasn't been blue in about 3 days. She still needs her rescue puffer at least once, usually 3 times every day...BUT, she hasn't need a neb overnight in 5 days. Probably a good thing, since I don't know if I'd wake up to give her one.

So, I'm hoping that Mariella doesn't crap out before I get better...no room for 2 flaring people in one house. (and really, I just want to feel better...I don't like this SOB feeling. I can handle the coughing [sort of] but the wheeze and SOB...totally not a fan)

3 comments:

kerri said...

Boooo. Hope you feel better WAY soon, Sara, and that Mariella STAYS good for awhile! You BOTH deserve a break

Amy said...

What Kerri said! And actually, all that applies to Kerri, too. :)

Linda said...

Hope you get to feeling better soon. It's definitely not fun flaring and having to take care of sick kids. I've been there and it is NOT fun, not to mention it always takes me longer to get over the flare!! Hope you both get to feeling better soon. :)