- constant flaring-what can we do?
- PFT's-probably get her started on those
- Airway clearance-she is much better when she is compliant...still not great, but better-keep it up, step it up? What do we need to do?
- Blue periods-why are they happening?
- Night time coughing? What can we do to get it under control?
Really only 5 things that are pressing...so that's good. I KNOW he's going to yell at me for not going to the ER after her blueish lips and fingernail period. Really, she had pinked back up, she was totally clear...what would they have done? Maybe he'll suggest a pulse ox monitor, or something?
I'm also going to ask him for a script for a new nebulizer, in case I decide to go ahead and get the superfast snazzy one that I've got my eye on.
I subbed at the girl's school yesterday. I was in the kindergarten, but not Mariella's class. I asked the sub for HER class if she was coughing (she had coughed all night, and had asked for a tx before bed) The sub said, "Nope, no coughing...she's really TIRED, though."
I was walking past her classroom to collect my kids from music class, and I heard it...the cough. Most definitely MY kid. I'm pretty sure that because she isn't CONSTANTLY coughing...it's an intermittent wheezy cough...no one realizes it's something to listen for. They probably figure she's just clearing her throat, or whatever. It makes me really glad that she is paying better attention to her lungs...because if I was relying on her teachers to be aware, I don't think they would realize what they were hearing. I asked the paraprofessional in my room if it's a bad thing, that I can identify my kid by cough, from the hallway. She didn't believe that I could. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to prove it...what, with us having to be IN the classroom, not in the hall listening for my kid to cough.
I've got another quiet day, then a busy weekend and school vacation. I'm totally looking forward to that. Abby's mad about it, Mariella isn't totally aware that it's happening. Her teacher plays a game that she "gives them" days off on Friday, depending on how hard they work...so before 3 day weekends, she tells them they've worked SO HARD, that they deserve 3 days off. She's mentioned that if they work really hard this week, she might give them NINE days off. Thankfully, Abby plays along, and hasn't spoiled the game for Mariella. Looking forward to a nice week off.
1 comment:
Yeah, I'd suggest NOT ordering the snazzy neb from where I ordered my snazzy neb from (you know where...). With the crap I'm going through, I don't want you having to deal with the same stuff.
Hopefully the pulmonologist can answer your questions!
Post a Comment