Friday, April 16, 2010

I swear, the forces of the universe are out to get me!

It all started at 2AM. The Cough. Up I got, started the neb. I snuggled in bed, and took the backdraft off the nebulizer (you know...a good 2 for one deal)

I got back in to bed and had JUST gotten to the point of sleeping again, when Mariella came RUNNING out of the bedroom, kind of crying that she had to pee really bad. I got up with her, because though she can use the bathroom on her own, she seemed agitated.

Good thing I did, because the next thing she said was, "my belly hurts, I have to throw up!" and before I could get the bowl, she threw up, all over the bathroom floor. Good thing we hated the bathmat, and wanted to replace it anyway.

So, at 3 AM, I was giving her a bath. I wasn't thrilled with how she looked, so I "slept" on her bedroom floor...helping her with the pukes several times. She also needed 2 more nebs in this time. I think we've got a 2fer going on...a tummy bug AND a good asthma flare.

I'm bringing her in to the walk in this morning, because often, the vomiting accompanies an ear infection, and she's running a temp of 101ish.

Of course, we were supposed to see Dr. Duda this afternoon, which of course can't happen now. Hopefully, they can squeeze us in sometime next week, but I don't think they will, I guess we'll just keep that May 3rd appointment.

1 comment:

kerri said...

Yuck, what a night. I hope she feels better soon (and YOU can get some proper sleep!)